If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A garden full of fresh mint, parsley and basil...a cup of pearl couscous left in the cupboard and the remainder of a jar of anchovies inspired this little salad. Even if you're not an anchovy lover, this will not send you over the deep end. The anchovy is so subtle you may not even realize it's there. But I think it serves a salty purpose! - inpatskitchen
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 4 anchovy filets, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small sauce pan, bring the water to a boil and add the pearl couscous. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Place the cooked couscous in a mixing bowl to cool.
- While the couscous is cooling make the vinaigrette: Mash 2 of the anchovy filets in a small bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Stir the vinaigrette into the cooled couscous, followed by the onion, mint, parsley and basil. Finely mince the remaining two anchovy filets and stir them in with the grape tomatoes. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. Once chilled season with a little salt and pepper if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Flourless Almond & Coconut Cake
Looked for salad, ended up with cake: Life in a nutshell.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.