If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This quick and tasty lunch whips up quickly (with leftovers) and is flavorful enough that you won’t miss the bread. Serve for lunch, dinner, or at a party.
- 1/2 cup beluga lentils, cooked (or any other sturdy lentil that doesn’t turn to mush)
- 1/2 apple, chopped (use your favorite kind – mine is Fuji or Gala)
- 1/2 rib celery, diced
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 2 tablespoons mayo (I use the olive oil type)
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish Relish (see recipe below)
- 1 handful hazelnut gremolata
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken - I used leftover baked
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve chilled or room temperature alone or with an accompaniment.
- Horseradish Relish 2 Tbsp. beet horseradish 1 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. rice vinegar Juice of 1 lemon 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup 1 Golden Delicious apple, peeled and grated 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated Salt & pepper to taste
- Stir all ingredients together. Salt and pepper to taste. Goes great with steak, chicken, or fish. Since making it as a steak condiment, I have been tossing a Tablespoon or so in here and there almost everywhere. This relish has a great bright, tangy heat that brings a lot of kick to any party.