If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've been dying for a vacation lately, but without the time or money, I make these beans instead...and imagine I'm back in Barcelona. This might hold me off for another month or so. Hopefully. —JessicaBakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 tablespoons high quality spanish olive oil
- 4 thin slices jamon iberico (or other high-quality spanish ham), coursely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- roasted red peppers (from a jar), chopped up finely
- 1 teaspoon honey
- sherry vinegar
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- thick slices of crusty bread, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425. Toss the tomatoes with 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil, some salt to taste and 2 tsp of the fresh thyme. Roast until completely broken down and caramelized, stirring every 15 minutes or so. This usually takes me 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil, then add ham, cooking just until it's a little crispy, then immediately remove from heat and pour the ham and any juices into a small bowl so it doesn't burn.
- To the same bowl, add the garlic paste, red peppers, smoked paprika, coriander, salt and thyme. Mix together well. Then, slowly add the liquids, continually stirring to form a well-blended paste. Start with the honey, then the vinegar, and then slowly add the remaining olive oil--slowly, mixing as you go to keep the mixture blended.
- Warm the white beans covering them with boiling water in a heat-proof bowl for 5-10 minutes. Drain, and toss with the roasted tomatoes. Then, add the spice paste and toss together. Serve on crusty bread, or even on top of a salad of fresh mixed greens.
- Pretend you're on vacation in Spain, sipping perfect summer sangria. Add to the mood by eating at 10pm if you want :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
Put Summer in a Jar
How to freestyle berry jam
Freestyle berry jam.
A toast to toast.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.
The new Food52 office.
Octopi my heart.