Author Notes: This is based on a recipe I read in Food Network Magazine. It has a wonderful combination of salty, smokey and sweet flavors. - Karen McCarthy
Serves makes 5 dozen
- 6 Strips thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cups Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 cup Brown sugar, packed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups Honey roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- in a skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, remove the bacon and drain on paper towels. Measure 1/4 cup of the bacon fat in the skillet. Set the fat aside and allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees .
- When the bacon fat has cooled to the same consistency as the butter, combine the fat, butter, peanut butter and both sugars in a stand mixer and mix on medium speed until well combined and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the chocolate chips, peanuts and reserved bacon. Mix until well incorporated.
- Drop By rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, switching the pan top to bottom and front to back, halfway through the baking time. Allow the cookies to cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring