If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: On those rare occasion when someone else's virus jumps on board and I am feeling absolutely wretched, I want only soup. Not the heavy winter broths, not the cream soups or the extensive range of pumpkin soups that were popular ten years ago. All I yearn for clear home-made chicken broth with an assortment of health-restoring goodies. Nourishing but not too heavy. A couple of weeks ago I needed some and this is what I cooked with enough for seconds. - krusher
- 2 cups chicken broth, clear and home-made
- 1 carrot, chopped slightly chunky
- 1 long celery stalk, chopped
- ginger, 1 inch sliced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped chili if you really must
- Thaw out the chicken broth and the poached chicken just taken from the freezer. Put into pot and heat up to a medium heat. Add in the carrot, celery stalk and the ginger and heat to a rolling simmer until the carrot is reasonably soft. Add the thawed poached chicken and a few drops of lemon juice. Add shopped spring onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped chili if that is your passion. If you have it, chopped fresh cilantro is magic as well.