If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Well, it was Easter and Fred and I wanted to make a special Easter-y brunch. But we were short one egg. So we zipped down to Lindy Grundy to get some eggs and some of their bacon, thick-cut. And this is what we conceived! - F for Food
- 6 eggs
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 6 slices bacon, about 2 1/2 ounces, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sorghum (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- *Special equipment: jumbo sized 6-cup muffin tin.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, push chunks of the potato through the chute to grate. Once all the potatoes are grated, put them into a piece of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel and squeeze to remove the moisture. Add the potatoes to a large bowl, stir in the melted butter and season well with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spray the muffin tin lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Press the grated potatoes evenly into the muffin cups being sure the potatoes go up the sides and a thin layer and covers the bottom. Bake until the top edges turn light golden brown and the potatoes are cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl toss together the bacon with sorghum (or maple syrup) and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and gently crack an egg into each cup. Bake until the egg whites set but the yolk remains runny, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and set the oven to broil. Top the eggs with grated cheese and put the maple bacon on another sheet tray. Broil both until cheese melts, and bacon crisps slightly, about 1 minute.
- Top the eggs with chives and crispy bacon, sprinkle a little salt & pepper to taste and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce