If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A TAKE ON AN OLD ITALIAN CLASSIC . . . THIS IS A FRESH, SUPER YUMMY SALAD I ENJOYED WITH AN OLD ITALIAN FRIEND OF MINE YEARS AGO . . . THOUGH WE ENJOYED IT AS A SIDE-DISH ALONGSIDE SEVERAL GLASSES OF PROSECO AND OTHER FABULOUS LIGHT ITALIAN DISHES ONE SUMMER EVENING ON HIS VERANDA, I HAVE OFTEN RE-CREATED IT AS A MAIN DISH FOR A SIMPLE FUSS-FREE LUNCH, OR BRUNCH MANY TIMES SINCE! —Petra Maria
Serves 4 - 6 generous servings
- 4 cups HERB ED FOCCACIA BREAD, CUBED PREFERABLY DAY-OLD
- 2 ounces PROSCIUTTO, THIN-SLICED & CUT INTO STRIPS
- 2 ounces SOPRESSTA OR COPPA SALAMI, THIN-SLICED, AND CUT INTO STRIPS
- 3 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 3 tablespoons RED WINE VINEGAR
- 4 cups TORN ARUGALA LEAVES
- 2 cups FIRM RIPE MELON (1 CUP EACH HONEYDEW & CANTALOUPE
- 1/2 cup EACH, CHOPPED, FRESH BASIL, AND FLAT-LEAF PARSLEY
- FRESH CRACKED SEA SALT & PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1 tablespoon HONEY (OR AGAVE NECTAR)
- 5 tablespoons EXTRA-VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 cup OLIVES, PITTED, & HALVED (KALAMATA OR MIXED GREEK WORK GOOD!)
- 1 cup WHITE KIDNEY BEANS, RINSED AND DRAINED
- 1.) Preheat oven to 350° 2.) Spread Foccacia pieces on a baking sheet. Drizzle with about 1 tablespoon olive oil, tossing to coat. Bake, stirring occasionally until lightly toasted and crisp, about 12 - 15 minutes.
- 3.) Meanwhile, heat 4 tablespoons oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat until. Add prosciutto, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly crisp, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, and cook, stirring constantly until garlic becomes fragrant, about 30 seconds more. Remove from heat and stir in vinegar, and sweetener. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4.) Place arugula, sopressta or coppa salami, melon, beans, basil, parsley and the toasted foccacia in a large bowl. Add the prosciutto mixture and toss to combine. Let salad stand for about 10/15 minutes so the bread can absorb some of the dressing. Serve immediately . . . enjoy!!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Meat as a Flavoring
No Laffy Matter
How to make peanut butter salt water taffy
How to make salt water taffy.
No-bake desserts are cool.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
The freedom to snack.
We're obsessed: wooden everything.