If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother would make these yummy pancakes as a snack before dinner. You can make your own Korean variation by adding kimchi, squid (my favorite), or your favorite seafood. Also, if you have extra carrots, zucchini, and green onions left over I like to make a small side salad with some extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Wrap it up in your pancake, pour some tangy soy dressing and you have a great snack or meal. - nieceboo
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup julienne zucchini
- 1 cup thinly slice green onion
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 chopped jalapeno
- 1 cup canola oil
- Make the dipping sauce by combining the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, toasted sesame seeds and jalapenos. Mix until the sugar dissolves and set aside.
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, eggs, and water. Mix until combined. Batter should be thin, if not add more water. Set aside and let the batter rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped or sliced mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, and green onions to the batter and stir until combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a non-stick skillet with canola oil on high heat. When the oil is hot add about 1/2 cup of the mixture (or less if you want smaller pancakes) and quickly spread the mixture as thin as you can.
- Cook until golden brown. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. Serve with the sesame soy dipping sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.