If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a trip to Spain (where I basically ate my face off :)). I serve it when I have girlfriends over for lunch. It's light, delicious, healthy and absolutely beautiful to look at. I have also omitted the shrimp and served this as a side to grilled chicken. - Nancy Granada
Make the Salad
- 1 Ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 Naval (seedless) orange, sectioned and chopped
- 1/4 cup Red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/3 cup Nicoise olives, pitted and chopped
- 2/3 cups Baby arugula
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 - 4 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- Place the avocado, orange, onion, grape tomatoes, olives, pinenuts and arugula in a large bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss very gently to combine. Set aside and make the vinaigrette
- In a small bowl combine the sherry vinegar, cumin, paprika and salt. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Set aside.
Prepare the shrimp
- 8-12 Medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (quantity depends on appetite)
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat
- Add the galric and saute for 1 minute
- Add the shrimp and sea salt and saute until no longer pink (about 3-4 minutes)
- Add the lemon zest and toss. Remove from heat
- Remove from pan and allow the shrimp to cool for 5 minutes
- Once the shrimp has cooled, add to the avocado and orange salad along with the vinaigrette and the parsley. Toss gently to combine. Serve with warm bread and white wine
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados