If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Green deviled eggs?! Yuk! Well, just place a plate of these on the buffett and wait for the first courageous sole to take one. All of a sudden the word will spread and they'll be all gone in just a few minutes! (Oh, and if you really want to, add a couple teaspoons of finely minced ham to the filling for "green eggs and ham"!) Drop me a note if you are at a high altitude (above 4,000 feet) and I'll give you some adjustments for hard cooking the eggs. - WileyP
- 6 large eggs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped scallion or green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely minced seeded jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (i.e.: "Frank's Red Hot", etc.)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 2-3 pinches pico de gallo seasoning (or smoked spanish paprika) for garnish
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with 1 inch of cold tap water. Over medium high heat, bring the water to a boil. Immediately remove the pan from heat, cover it, and let the eggs steep for 15 minutes. Place the pot in the sink and gently run cold water into it just until the eggs are cool enough to handle. Under very slowly running lukewarm water, peel the eggs. Slice the peeled eggs in half, and remove the yolks to a small mixing bowl.
- Slice the avocados in half lengthwise and remove the pits. Spoon the avocado meat into the bowl with the egg yolks. Add the lime juice, then mash the avocadoes and yolks together until they are smooth. Add the cilantro, green onion and jalapeño and stir to combine. Season the filling with salt, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Mix well, and fill the empty egg white halves. Chill until serving. Sprinkle each with just a very little bit of pico de gallo just before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Freeze It Right There
A fruity, frozen spin on a classic.
A bananas frozen daiquiri.
Plan a genius dinner party: part one.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Community Picks: Lettuce-Free Salad
A trusty trivet.