Author Notes: This is based on blog friend Miriam’s Grilled Vegetable Rice Salad (http://overtimecook.com/2011/08/23/grilled-vegetable-rice-salad)! Incorporating grilled veggies into a salad sounded is the perfect side dish for summer! Plus the tangy mustardy dressing sounded delicious. I made a few changes starting with using quinoa instead of brown rice, because it’s pretty freaking tasty! I also changed up the types pepper, vinegar and oil. What I love about this recipe is it is so flexible, so use what Jew got! Here is all I used to make my adapted Grilled Vegetable Quinoa Salad. - What Jew Wanna Eat
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar (champagne or white)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, or more to taste
- Cook your quinoa. Put 2 cups dried quinoa and 3 cups of water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Then I cover the pot and lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until done!
- While your quinoa is cooking, slice your eggplant and zucchini and toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Then grill until tender. If you don’t have a grill you can saute, roast or use a grill pan!
- Let the quinoa and vegetables cool slightly and cut the veggies into large chunks. Then make the dressing. Combine olive oil, mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and red chili pepper flakes and whisk together.
- Then just combine quinoa, veggies and dressing and you are good to go! Serve warm or at room temperature.