Author Notes: We love to add salsas to our proteins this time of year, particularly grilled fish and pork. With a nice variety of fruits and crunchy, chopped vegetables, and just the right balance of hot and sweet, this salsa a favorite of ours. It comes together quickly, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. - Bevi
Food52 Review: Bevi's recipe combines the spiciness of a savory salsa with the heartiness of a healthy salad. All textures and flavors are represented: crunch, heat, tartness, sweetness, and creaminess. The fresh summer produce pairs well with the softness of the melon and avocados. I halved the melon and increased the avocado in the salad, and served it up with a batch of toasted papadum for a perfect summer appetizer. - Panfusine
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed or scooped into small balls
- 1/2 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers (such as bell peppers), diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered lengthwise, deseeded, and chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- Place the fruits, vegetables, and cilantro into a serving bowl.
- Add the lime juice, agave syrup, salt, pepper, and Sriracha. Mix thoroughly.
- Taste, and add more ingredients or seasonings if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados