Author Notes: We love to add salsas to our proteins this time of year, particularly our grilled fish and pork. Adding a nice variety of fruits and crunchy chopped vegetables with just the right balance of hot and sweet in the dressing makes this salsa a favorite of ours. We love to serve it with grilled fish (grouper and tuna in particular), fish and pork tacos, and sushi grade tuna. It comes together quickly! You can adjust the amounts of any or all ingredients to suit your taste. - Bevi
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 cup cantaloupe, medium chopped or scooped into small melon balls
- 1/2 avocado, cut into medium sized chunks
- 1/4 cup very small sweet peppers, diced
- 1 medium tomato, medium chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered lengthwise, deseeded, and chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste - I go heavy, but you might want to start out adding lightly - maybe 1 tsp.
- Place all the fruits and vegetables and the cilantro into a serving bowl.
- Add the lime juice, agave syrup, salt and pepper and Sriracha and mix thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings and/or add more of chopped ingredients to your taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados