If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: We love to add salsas to our proteins this time of year, particularly grilled fish and pork. With a nice variety of fruits and crunchy, chopped vegetables, and just the right balance of hot and sweet, this salsa a favorite of ours. It comes together quickly, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. - Bevi
Food52 Review: Bevi's recipe combines the spiciness of a savory salsa with the heartiness of a healthy salad. All textures and flavors are represented: crunch, heat, tartness, sweetness, and creaminess. The fresh summer produce pairs well with the softness of the melon and avocados. I halved the melon and increased the avocado in the salad, and served it up with a batch of toasted papadum for a perfect summer appetizer. - Panfusine
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed or scooped into small balls
- 1/2 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers (such as bell peppers), diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered lengthwise, deseeded, and chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sriracha to taste
- Place the fruits, vegetables, and cilantro into a serving bowl.
- Add the lime juice, agave syrup, salt, pepper, and Sriracha. Mix thoroughly.
- Taste, and add more ingredients or seasonings if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados