If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love to add salsas to our proteins this time of year, particularly grilled fish and pork. With a nice variety of fruits and crunchy, chopped vegetables, and just the right balance of hot and sweet, this salsa is a favorite of ours. It comes together quickly, and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your taste. —Bevi
Food52 Review: This dish was a refreshing, different take on salsa. I served it with barbecue and everyone liked it, especially the spice. We ate it with extra Sriracha. My only suggestion is to eat it right away. I made it a few hours prior and it became very watery, which was resolved by draining the liquid. —Anna Francese Gass
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed or scooped into small balls
- 1/2 avocado, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers (such as bell peppers), diced
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, quartered lengthwise, deseeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sriracha, to taste
- Place the fruits, vegetables, and cilantro into a serving bowl.
- Add the lime juice, honey, salt and pepper, and Sriracha. Mix thoroughly.
- Taste and add more ingredients or seasonings if desired.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Melon
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Portable Side
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Our staff's best storage tips.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
This week's #happylist.
Storage made crystal clear.