Author Notes: There was so much delicious avocado mint spread left over from my sandwich making session, that I simply had to get experimenting again. So back into the food processor went the silky green spread, along with 1/2 a cup of fresh goat cheese. 30 seconds later, out came this addictive cream cheese like version 2.0 that I could have polished off with a spoon. (& almost did, along with these dainty bites of toasted bread, cucumber, r & spread topped off with a bit of finger lime. - Panfusine
Food52 Review: This versatile spread has a hint of refreshing mint with a nice subtle background of heat. Mixed with feta cheese it was a wonderful accompaniment to breakfast eggs and on a toasted tomato sandwich. When mixed with the goat cheese it became a more refined spread and was perfect served at cocktail hour on crostini. It would also work wonderfully as an alternative to traditional guacamole if served with toasted pitas at a picnic. It is a great spread as it is simple to make, and easy to vary depending on the herbs you have on hand. - mostlynoodles
Makes more than 1 cup
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded & chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup goat cheese (or Feta)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Toasted sliced white bread, cut into 1.5 inch circles
- English Cucumber slices.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend into a smooth consistency. Refrigerate until required
- Serving suggestion: Toast white sandwich bread lightly and cut into 1.5 inch rounds. Place a slice of English cucumber Spoon the spread into a piping bag with a star nozzle and squeeze out the spread over the cuke slice. Garnish with a sliver of tomato & a dab of finger lime cells.