If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There was so much delicious avocado mint spread left over from my sandwich making session, that I simply had to get experimenting again. So back into the food processor went the silky green spread, along with 1/2 a cup of fresh goat cheese. 30 seconds later, out came this addictive cream cheese like version 2.0 that I could have polished off with a spoon. (& almost did, along with these dainty bites of toasted bread, cucumber, r & spread topped off with a bit of finger lime. - Panfusine
Food52 Review: This versatile spread has a hint of refreshing mint with a nice subtle background of heat. Mixed with feta cheese it was a wonderful accompaniment to breakfast eggs and on a toasted tomato sandwich. When mixed with the goat cheese it became a more refined spread and was perfect served at cocktail hour on crostini. It would also work wonderfully as an alternative to traditional guacamole if served with toasted pitas at a picnic. It is a great spread as it is simple to make, and easy to vary depending on the herbs you have on hand. - mostlynoodles
Makes more than 1 cup
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint leaves
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, packed
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded & chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/3 cup goat cheese (or Feta)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt to taste
- Toasted sliced white bread, cut into 1.5 inch circles
- English Cucumber slices.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and blend into a smooth consistency. Refrigerate until required
- Serving suggestion: Toast white sandwich bread lightly and cut into 1.5 inch rounds. Place a slice of English cucumber Spoon the spread into a piping bag with a star nozzle and squeeze out the spread over the cuke slice. Garnish with a sliver of tomato & a dab of finger lime cells.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d'Oeuvre
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.