If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe came together because I needed a quick lunch and I just so happened to have the following ingredients so I just threw it together. It's a good thing that I did because this was super delicious. Because I only had two quail eggs I decided to put peach slices on the other half, which blended unbelievable well. Quail eggs are the perfect size for this style of toast but I guess you could use regular egg as well. This recipe serves one for a quick lunch, snack or dinner but can be scaled very easily to accommodate more. —artisanfare
- 1/2 Cibatta loaf, sliced
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 slice of thinly sliced prosciutto
- 4 fresh quail eggs
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese crumbles, softened
- good quality extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil ( I used a Spanish olive oil)
- 1 dash salt
- to taste freshly ground pepper
- a couple splashes optional hot sauce
- Cut avocado in half, save the half with the seed and use the other half without the seed. Slice the avocado into thin slices and remove from skin, splash the slices with a little lemon juice to help prevent oxidation.
- Slice the prosciutto slice into two slices or thinner to accommodate your size toast.
- To open the quail eggs just run a sharp parring knife around the top edge. Open each one and set back into container while you heat a little oil in a frying pan. If scrambled eggs are more your speed then by all means scramble the eggs. Once pan is hot add 2 quail eggs at a time and fry until yolks have barely just set but are still a little runny. Quail eggs cook quickly so keep a watchful eye on them as they bask in the hot oil. Don't worry about seasoning the eggs. Once you start to fry the last two eggs start lightly toasting your bread.
- To compile the toast simply spread a smear of goat cheese on each toast piece, cover with prosciutto slice + avocado. Top with 2 fried eggs per side. Speckle a little olive oil + optional hot sauce over each piece, finish with a pinch of salt + few grinds of fresh cracked black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Just Pudding It out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
We give it 8 tentacles up.