Author Notes: A sweet and satisfying start to your day. Makes enough to last for four breakfasts, which is nice when you are a busy bee! - Healthy Girl
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups non-dairy milk, such as almond or soy
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 large apples, medium dice
- Place all ingredients into a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take off heat and let sit for 5 minutes. Divide evenly into 4 bowls. Refrigerate leftovers.