If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple Italian style salad which allows the wonderful flavors of avocado and tomato to come through without a lot of other impediments like spices, other vegetables or heavy dressings. —Christina @ Christina's Cucina
- 2 large, ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium to large heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality red wine vinegar (like Sasso) if desired, this can be omitted
- 1. Place the sliced avocados and tomatoes in a bowl; drizzle the olive oil over them. 2. Next, sprinkle with some Kosher or sea salt. You can always add more later if needed. 3. Now add a little vinegar, to taste, if desired (you could substitue lemon juice if preferred.) 4. Gently toss to mix ingredients, and serve with some crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.