Author Notes: A simple Italian style salad which allows the wonderful flavors of avocado and tomato to come through without a lot of other impediments like spices, other vegetables or heavy dressings. - Christina @ Christina's Cucina
- 2 large, ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium to large heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality red wine vinegar (like Sasso) if desired, this can be omitted
- 1. Place the sliced avocados and tomatoes in a bowl; drizzle the olive oil over them. 2. Next, sprinkle with some Kosher or sea salt. You can always add more later if needed. 3. Now add a little vinegar, to taste, if desired (you could substitue lemon juice if preferred.) 4. Gently toss to mix ingredients, and serve with some crusty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados