If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is just so darn good, a perfect summer salad. I made this during a week at the beach recently, and we scarfed it up. Careful cooking of fruit gives it such delicious depth and richness of flavor.
I can't wait to make this again! - em-i-lis
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- 1/3 cup roasted, salted, shelled pistachios
- 1 large ball fresh mozzarella
- 5 ripe peaches, washed, halved and pitted (unpeeled), preferably organic
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- extra-virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- Wash and dry the arugula, place in a large mixing bowl, toss with the pistachios and set aside. Slice the mozzarella into thin rounds and then cut those into halves. Set aside.
- Place an oven rack in the top 1/3 of your oven and set the temperature to low-broil. Set the peach halves cut side up on a baking sheet and sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over them. Place the pan in the hot oven, and roast until the sugar has dissolved and the peaches have started to slump, about 5 minutes, maybe more depending on ripeness of the heat of your low-broil. Remove from the oven and let cool while you make the vinaigrette.
- In a small bowl, mix together your preferred ratio olive oil and balsamic vinegar; I like nearly as much vinegar as oil. Season with salt and pepper and about 1 T agave syrup. Whisk vigorously, taste and when you like it, pour over the arugula-pistachio mix. Using your hands, gently toss the salad and dressing until the leaves are evenly coated. Mound in the center of a serving platter.
- Cut the peach halves into halves (now you’ve got quarters) and alternate them with the mozzarella slices in a ring around the salad. Drizzle the peaches and cheese with a little olive oil and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce