Author Notes: When the strawberry crop floods the market, everyone at home knows its time to take our usual tender, fluffy and thin buttermilk pancakes to a new level. The addition of strawberry puree gives an overall strawberry flavor as well as a light pink coloring, and then the diced strawberries add that chunky goodness that I require in almost all foods I consume. - martibk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- 1/2 cup diced strawberry
- Combine dry ingredients, stirring well.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, water, oil, and strawberry puree in a bowl.
- Add dry mixure to flour mixture along with the diced strawberries and combine. don't stir it a lot; just until mixed.
- Cook pancakes in preheated pan until the tops bubble, then flip and cook until done.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes