Potato Chorizo Tacos
- 3 red-skin Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut in to 1/2-inch cubes (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces chorizo
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 12 warm corn tortillas
- For the salsa: In a food processor, combine the tomatoes, garlic and jalapeno and chop finely. Add the peeled avocado and pulse until well blended. Set aside.
- Add the cubed potatoes with some salt to a pot of boiling water and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Combine the chorizo and onion in a hot skillet set over medium-high heat and stir regularly until the onion is soft and the sausage is cooked through, around 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and cook for another 8-10 minutes, until the potatoes begin to brown. Stir occasionally, mashing everything together slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Warm up the corn tortillas in the microwave for 10-15 seconds. Spoon the chorizo hash in the center of the tortilla then top with the avocado salsa. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados