If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to eat a version of this salad at my favorite local deli while growing up. It tasted complex but the ingredients were so simple. Nowadays, with my spin on the recipe, I often enjoy the salad as a side to any sandwich or on its own when trying to "detox" from a heavy meal. Refreshing, full of flavor and simple: what's not to love? —Katie
Serves 3-4 (easily adapted to serve more)
- 1 Grapefruit, any variety
- 2 Valencia Oranges
- 1 Small Red Onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 Haas Avocado, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Peel and slice oranges and grapefruit into individual sections. Add to bowl along with sliced red onion and avocado strips.
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together: orange juice, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil to create an emulsion.
- Pour vinaigrette over the fruit and avocado mixture, toss gently in order to keep avocado intact. Top with cracked black pepper. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.