If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a decadent, delicious egg and dairy-free dessert that will satisfy even the most discerning chocoholics. If you don't tell, they'll never know it's avocado-based. —zindc
Food52 Review: Chocolate lovers of all stripes will appreciate this rich, easy to prepare confection. Avocados provide the creamy smoothness of traditional chocolate mousse. Part of the beauty of this recipe lies in its versatility. The dessert can be lightened up by eliminating the coconut milk, or made even quicker by substituting raw cacao powder for the bittersweet chocolate. For a colorful touch top with fresh berries or chopped pistachios sprinkled with sea salt or a smidgen of cinnamon. —Ellen M.
Serves 2 to 4
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup thick coconut milk (from the top of the can)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- in a heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate in the coconut milk over hot water, or in the microwave. Stir until smooth, cool slightly.
- Put remaining ingredients in a food processor bowl, and add cooled chocolate mixture. Blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon into dessert cups. Serve well-chilled, with a dollop of coconut cream, if desired.