If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: No greens here in this salad, just fresh, sweet-tart grapefruit, creamy nutty avocado, and crispy-crunchy jicama. The main ingredients dress themselves, but I add salt, pepper, lime and cilantro to add a more interest. This is lovely on its own, or with grilled shrimp or seared ahi on the side. —bonbonmarie
- 1 hass avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into smallish cubes
- 1/2 Jicama, shredded (I use mandoline so the shreds are square and not too thin
- 1 grapefruit, big and juicy, sectioned and cut in 3rds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Gently toss jicama, grapefruit and cilantro together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lime juice, and any reserved grapefruit juice over all.
- Very gently add avocado (reserve some for garnish). Test for seasonings, and add more s, p or lime juice if needed. Garnish with reserved avocado and serve. Also super with a handful of toasted pepitas for garnish. mmm
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
Anything But Watered Down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.