Author Notes: No greens here in this salad, just fresh, sweet-tart grapefruit, creamy nutty avocado, and crispy-crunchy jicama. The main ingredients dress themselves, but I add salt, pepper, lime and cilantro to add a more interest. This is lovely on its own, or with grilled shrimp or seared ahi on the side. - bonbonmarie
- 1 hass avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into smallish cubes
- 1/2 Jicama, shredded (I use mandoline so the shreds are square and not too thin
- 1 grapefruit, big and juicy, sectioned and cut in 3rds
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- Gently toss jicama, grapefruit and cilantro together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lime juice, and any reserved grapefruit juice over all.
- Very gently add avocado (reserve some for garnish). Test for seasonings, and add more s, p or lime juice if needed. Garnish with reserved avocado and serve. Also super with a handful of toasted pepitas for garnish. mmm
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados