If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rich chocolate cake paired with a zesty avocado mousse makes a luscious sweet-tart flavor combo. The white chocolate chips give it a gratifying chewy element without competing with the cake. Besides, with antioxidants in chocolate and omega-3 fatty acids in avocado, who can argue that this is a decadent dessert with health benefits? - MizChef
- 1 chocolate sheet cake (9x13”)
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon citrus zest (orange, lemon, lime or a combo)
- 1 teaspoon maple crystals
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- 1. Trim off about 1 inch from each end of the cake. Split the cake in half, lift off the top half, and set aside.
- 2. Combine avocados, lime juice, vanilla, honey, citrus zest, and maple crystals in a food processor and process until completely smooth. (Stop the machine and push down the mixture with a rubber spatula, if necessary.)
- 3. Spread the avocado mixture evenly over the bottom half of the cake. Sprinkle the chips evenly over the avocado. Replace the top half of the cake. Cut into 12 squares, or use a 2 1/2-inch ring mold to cut out circles.
- 4. Serve as is or sprinkle powdered sugar over the top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados