If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect summer salad to complement just about anything off the grill. Creamy bites of avocado, blend well with sweet slices of mango. Diced cucumber adds the necessary crunch. Pickled chilis and hint of curry add just the right kick to the flavors. Garnish with chopped pistachios and fresh basil leaves.
- Vivian Henoch
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 tablespoons shallot or red onion, chopped into fine pieces
- 5 or 6 slices cucumber, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickled red chilis (or fresh jalapeño pepper, minced)
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seeds
- pinches curry powder or more to taste
- 3 tablespoons pistachio nuts, finely chopped for garnish
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh basil for garnish
- Peel and dice avocado, mango and cucumber. Add minced onion and red chili.
- Mix olive oil with curry and anise seeds. And blend gently into salad mix.
- Garnish servings with pistachios and basil leaves. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
It's Egg Alchemy
Make scrambled egg magic—in 15 seconds.
Magically creamy scrambled eggs—in 15 seconds.
Cool eats for hot days.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.