If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first tasted this genius guacamole at Alma Cocina in Atlanta. The roasted butternut squash adds sweetness and the chipotle gives heat to round out the rich guacamole. Unexpected and utterly delicious. Just try and stop eating this. - Lucy Mercer
Makes 3 cups guacamole
Guacamole with butternut squash and chipotle
- 4 avocadoes
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, recipe follows
- 1 ounce queso fresco, crumbled
- Tortilla chips for serving
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
- Remove avocdo pulp from shell and place in a medium bowl. Break up the avocado chunks with a fork. Add lime juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Stir in butternut squash and chipotle. Adjust flavors. Pour into decorative bowl, garnish with queso fresco crumbles and serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Roasted butternut squash
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425. Cover a sheet pan with foil. Using a Y-peeler or paring knife, peel the squash. Cut into two pieces, separating the long narrow neck from the round bottom. Halve each of these sections, scoop the seeds out of the round piece and trim the flesh into 1/4 inch dice.
- Toss the butternut squash dice with olive oil and salt and place on foil-lined pan. Roast at 425 for 30 minutes or until the pieces are tender and brown at the edges. Remove from oven and let cool, stirring occasionally. Store leftover squash in a covered container in the refrigerator. A small butternut squash will yield 2 cups of diced fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce