Author Notes: Want summer on a plate? Try a tropical explosion of mango's and avocados served over perfectly seared tender shark steaks. - Shari-Tickled Red
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted & diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 red chiki pepper, seeded & chooped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pieces shark steak, small
- Peel the mango and sliced the fruit off of the stone (pit) and roughly dice the mango fruit.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and roughly dice.
- In a bowl combine the mango, avocado, the thinly sliced green onion, finely diced chilli, chopped cilantro, lime juice and olive oil.
- Gently toss together until everything is well coated with the lime juice and olive oil.
- Cover and set aside to let the flavors blend together.
- In a skillet, sear the shark steaks in 2 teaspoons olive oil over consistent medium heat, searing on each side for 6-7 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados