If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: Light, easy, interesting, and great for lunch the next day. Developed during an Outer Banks vacation when it was too hot to cook or chop too much.
Cilantro lovers might like to add a garnish, pepper lovers might like to add chopped jalapeno to the salad or a dash of Tabasco to the dressing. - avimom
- 1 orange, the juice of
- 1 lime, the juice of
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice (about what's in the bottom of the container of fresh pineapple in the produce section.)
- 1 tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and reserve in the fridge.
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 splashes low-sodium chicken broth, or water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 orange or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 pineapple, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked black beans (drain and rinse if using canned)
- 1 head purple cabbage, shredded
- Poach the chicken breasts in the broth/water and 1 TB lime juice. Shred. Reserve in fridge.
- Toss mango, avocado, pepper, pineapple, and beans together to make a salad. Moisten with a light touch of dressing.
- To serve, plate salad on a small bed of shredded purple cabbage and top with mound of shredded chicken. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados