Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a dinner I worked for a class requirement at The Natural Gourmet Institute. By using your hands to squeeze the ingredients together, the cabbage softens and it creates a tender, creamy slaw. You can put your own swerve on it by adding other ingredients, such as poppy seeds, chopped pickle, or shredded carrot. - MizChef
- 1 large ripe Haas avocado, diced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced small
- 1. Combine the avocado, cabbage, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. With your hands, squeeze the ingredients together until cabbage has softened and ingredients are well combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- 2. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 2 circles from each tortilla. Brush them lightly with olive oil and brown them on both sides on a grill or in a frying pan.
- 3. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the slaw onto each tortilla round and garnish with the tomato.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados