If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by a dinner I worked for a class requirement at The Natural Gourmet Institute. By using your hands to squeeze the ingredients together, the cabbage softens and it creates a tender, creamy slaw. You can put your own swerve on it by adding other ingredients, such as poppy seeds, chopped pickle, or shredded carrot. - MizChef
- 1 large ripe Haas avocado, diced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Olive oil for brushing
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, diced small
- 1. Combine the avocado, cabbage, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. With your hands, squeeze the ingredients together until cabbage has softened and ingredients are well combined. Taste for seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- 2. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, cut out 2 circles from each tortilla. Brush them lightly with olive oil and brown them on both sides on a grill or in a frying pan.
- 3. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of the slaw onto each tortilla round and garnish with the tomato.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Avocados