If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I prefer to start my day with something savory. So for pancakes I thought I can go mid way and mix savory with sweet. Pears and Gorgonzola is match made in heaven, so why not make it into a pancake?! If you want them on the sweeter side drizzle honey on top instead of the arugula, though the peppery arugula just make it tastier. - Cordelia
- 2-3 bartlett pears (depending on their size)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Peel the pears and cut them to small cubes. Drizzle a bit of lemon juice so the pears won't discolorate.
- put the honey in a pan and add the pears. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until juices evaporated, the honey caramelized but just a bit darker. Add the thyme in the last few minutes.
- Put aside to cool.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 cups whoe milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup crumbled Gorgonzola
- 1/2 package of arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of half a lemon
- a little more gorgonzola for salad
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and put in a different bowl with a pinch of salt. Beat the egg whites to stiff picks.
- in a different bowl mix the yolks, milk, salt.
- Sift the flour and baking powder to the yolk bowl and mix well, but not too much so you won't get tough pancakes.
- Fold the egg whites to the mixture (first fold 1/3 of the egg whites and ten the rest for fluffier texture).
- Fold in the Gorgonzola and the pears.
- Warm a non-stick pan on medium heat with some butter (one teaspoon). When warm pour about 1/3 of a cup of the mixture to the pan (depending on the size of the pancakes you want). Fry for about 3-4 minutes until there are a lot of bubbles on top and the pan side is brownish. Flip the pancake and fry for 1-2 minutes until brownish. Don't cook too much so it won't get dry.
- Mix the arugula with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of honey, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- For serving - put a handful of the arugula on top of 1-2 pancakes and sprinkle with crumbled Gorgonzola.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
How to Take a Food52-Style Photo
Those Instagrams aren't going to like themselves.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends
How to Hard Cook Lots of Eggs at Once
Use the oven, you egghead.
Nancy Silverton's Bran Muffins
Wholesome, jammy, Genius.
Style with a breeze.