If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This farro and chickpea salad takes me back to the week we spent in Tuscany, shopping daily, dining alfresco, and sipping pinot grigio under a pergola. It's the perfect complement to an antipasti platter. It's meant to go along with a lot of little nibbles, double the recipe to serve it as a side dish. - dailywaffle
Serves 3-4 (as part of antipasti)
- 1/2 cup emmer farro
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 generous cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped on the bias
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (Israeli, preferred)
- salt & pepper
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1/4 in. pieces
- Combine farro and water in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Let cool and drain off any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine farro, chickpeas, celery and parsley. Stir in lemon juice and olive oil. Add feta cheese. Taste it. Salt and pepper, as desired. Chill for 30 minutes or serve at room temperature.