If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is incredibly easy yet it always comes out perfect! The sweetness from the honey will definitely fill your sweat-tooth craving and the light and airy bread will make you want to have more and more. Enjoy it with your breakfast, brunch or even as a snack. —The Good Cook
Makes 2 loafs
- 6 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Warm Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Warm Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Melted Butter (non-salted)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Sift flour into mixing bowl and place into a low temperature oven to warm. In a separate bowl, dissolve yeast in milk, water, salt and sugar.
- Remove flour from oven. Take 2 cups of flour from the bowl and set aside.
- Make a well in remaining flour and pour in liquid. Stir until until thicker. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rest of the flour into the liquid and add butter, oil and honey. Mix well with hands until smooth.
- Lightly oil the dough and [;ace in a large bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour/until it has doubled it's size.
- Punch down and make into 2 pieces. Knead each piece for 5 minutes each.
- Grease baking sheet. Place the two loafs apart on sheet and cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled again, about 1 hour.
- Make the egg wash. In a small bowl, beat the egg and add honey and salt. Gently brush egg wash onto the loafs.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a tray of boiling water on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 20-40 minutes and until golden (baking time varies between 20-40 minutes depending on the type of oven used)
A Zucchini Spaghetti to Fawn Over
A fried and fabulous classic
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
This pasta's mint to be.