Author Notes: This recipe is incredibly easy yet it always comes out perfect! The sweetness from the honey will definitely fill your sweat-tooth craving and the light and airy bread will make you want to have more and more. Enjoy it with your breakfast, brunch or even as a snack. - The Good Cook
Makes 2 loafs
- 6 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 cup Warm Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Warm Water
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tablespoons Melted Butter (non-salted)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Sift flour into mixing bowl and place into a low temperature oven to warm. In a separate bowl, dissolve yeast in milk, water, salt and sugar.
- Remove flour from oven. Take 2 cups of flour from the bowl and set aside.
- Make a well in remaining flour and pour in liquid. Stir until until thicker. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Stir the rest of the flour into the liquid and add butter, oil and honey. Mix well with hands until smooth.
- Lightly oil the dough and [;ace in a large bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm spot for 1 hour/until it has doubled it's size.
- Punch down and make into 2 pieces. Knead each piece for 5 minutes each.
- Grease baking sheet. Place the two loafs apart on sheet and cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place until doubled again, about 1 hour.
- Make the egg wash. In a small bowl, beat the egg and add honey and salt. Gently brush egg wash onto the loafs.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a tray of boiling water on the bottom rack of the oven. Bake for 20-40 minutes and until golden (baking time varies between 20-40 minutes depending on the type of oven used)