If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The green chickpeas that I used were dried and required to be soaked overnight. Once that is done, it takes hardly any time to prepare the salad. I prefer to make it in advance and letting it rest for a while as it helps the flavors to blend nicely with the raw vegetables. Green chickpeas are easily available in any Indian store, but you could also substitute it with any beans of your choice. I had once replaced the chickpeas in the salad with couscous and that was equally delicious.
The dressing is pretty much like Indian raita; creamy, tangy and gives a refreshing mouth-feel. It is made with yogurt, roasted cumin, extra-virgin olive oil and refreshing mint. - Kankana Saxena
for the dressing
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup sour plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder (aamchur)
for the salad
- 1 cup dried green chickpeas, soaked in water overnight
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely chopped to tiny bite size
- 1 cup sweet cherry tomatoes, chopped in half or quarters
- Using a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle, grind the roasted cumin seeds to a fine dust.
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients of the dressing and give it a mix.
- Take it out in a bowl, add the roasted cumin powder to it and mix properly again.
- Put the green chickpeas soaked with water in a microwave proof bowl and let it cook for 10 minutes at high temperature.
- In a salad bowl, add green chickpeas, chopped pepper, chopped cherry tomatoes and shallots.
- Pour the dressing and give it a good mix.
- Salad is ready!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint