If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Variations on this dish have become a staple around here. You can use any number and combination of herbs and greens, but mint and tarragon are really my favorite additions for spring and summer. I have made this with israeli couscous, farro and millet. I think quinoa would work, but I did prefer the larger grains. I use the Everybody's Nuts salt and pepper pistachios because they are so flavorful, though any salted/roasted pistachios would work. You could even use almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts. —savorthis
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (green parts of green onion also work)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup israeli couscous
- 1 1/2 cups broth or water
- 1 sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 cups greens (chard, spinach, mixed...)
- parmesan to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all herb dressing ingredients in a blender and pulse until just smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Briefly toast pistachios in a dry pot then put in large bowl. Add 1 T olive oil to pan and saute shallots over medium low until deep brown. Add to bowl. Add remaining 1 T olive oil to pot and toast couscous to a light brown. Add broth and simmer over low until liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender (10-12 minutes). Add couscous to bowl and let cool. Toss with herb dressing and greens and divide on four plates.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry eggs to over easy. Place one egg on top of each salad. Using peeler, shave thin slices of parmesan over eggs and add a grind of fresh pepper. Serve with toasty bread.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Lettuce
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Your New Main Squeeze
A tart, sunny lemon bar cheesecake
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.