If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It’s a balmy June evening, the sun has finally put in an appearance in London, and after a weekend of high-octane eating with my cousin, I’m ready for something light, fresh and seasonal for my supper tonight. Cue sweet fresh peas, tiny broad beans and some ripe goats cheese…. - Sarann
- A small handful of fresh peas
- A small handful of shelled and peeled broad beans
- 2 spring onions, chopped into large chunks
- 6-8 mint leaves
- 100 ml of very good vegetable stock
- A piece of bread per person – choose your favourite, I used freshly baked granary bread
- 2 slices of good strong goats cheese
- A little olive oil
- Salt and pepper to season
- Pea shoots or tiny mint leaves to garnish
- Start by bringing the vegetable stock to the boil. Once it’s boiling, add in the peas, broad beans, spring onions and 3/4 of the mint leaves.
- Bring up to boil and then simmer for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- Remove the goodies from the heat and remove some of the peas and broad beans, you’ll use these later for a garnish.
- Now place the remaining contents of the saucepan into a blender. Add the remaining mint leaves and puree until smooth and silky.
- Refrigerate until well chilled.
- On the highest flame, heat a griddle pan on your hob. Whilst this heats, take your choice of bread and brush both sides with a little olive oil.
- Griddle the bread on both sides until char-grilled.
- Remove from the heat and immediately pop on a slice of goats cheese onto your griddled bread. You’re not aiming to cook the goats cheese, simply soften and warm it.
- Now dress with some of your chilled puree (make sure the seasoning is correct for your palate first), the peas and broad beans you reserved earlier, a few drops of olive oil and your chosen leaves.
- Tuck in and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint