Author Notes: Musing, fantasizing, looking for green possibilities that would be healthy and delicious. Fun, but even better when you know you want another one, soon. There was a time when this would pass disguised as an indulgence. Indulgent taste, with good fats from avocado and a quality ice cream, nowyou can proud of your conventional wisdom. Why chia seeds? In addition to a healthy profile, they will thicken this smoothie just enough to be velvety smooth. And they look just like kiwi seeds... - susan g
Serves one, maybe two.
- 1 kiwi
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed*
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 5 ounces green tea, brewed strong, cooled
- 1/8 teaspoon chia seed
- 1/2 cup rich vanilla ice cream
- Scoop the pulp of the kiwi and the avocado into a food processor or immersion blender mixing cup, along with the mint leaves and lime juice. Blend to a smooth paste with finely chopped mint.
- Add the green tea and chia seed; mix until smooth. If you can leave it for a while, it will thicken a bit more. When you are ready to drink it, add the ice cream and blend it in.
- NOTES: *If you don't have fresh mint, add a mint tea bag when you brew the green tea. If you have a container with measurements, like a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, you can simplify the process (and the cleanup) by making it in there with the immersion blender. If you would like to try a SAVORY VERSION, add Green Tabasco to taste, and use milk instead of ice cream.