If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Musing, fantasizing, looking for green possibilities that would be healthy and delicious. Fun, but even better when you know you want another one, soon. There was a time when this would pass disguised as an indulgence. Indulgent taste, with good fats from avocado and a quality ice cream, nowyou can proud of your conventional wisdom. Why chia seeds? In addition to a healthy profile, they will thicken this smoothie just enough to be velvety smooth. And they look just like kiwi seeds... - susan g
Serves one, maybe two.
- 1 kiwi
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, loosely packed*
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 5 ounces green tea, brewed strong, cooled
- 1/8 teaspoon chia seed
- 1/2 cup rich vanilla ice cream
- Scoop the pulp of the kiwi and the avocado into a food processor or immersion blender mixing cup, along with the mint leaves and lime juice. Blend to a smooth paste with finely chopped mint.
- Add the green tea and chia seed; mix until smooth. If you can leave it for a while, it will thicken a bit more. When you are ready to drink it, add the ice cream and blend it in.
- NOTES: *If you don't have fresh mint, add a mint tea bag when you brew the green tea. If you have a container with measurements, like a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup, you can simplify the process (and the cleanup) by making it in there with the immersion blender. If you would like to try a SAVORY VERSION, add Green Tabasco to taste, and use milk instead of ice cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Tea
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint