Author Notes: My husband doesn't like cake. So each year for his birthday I dig out a box of girl scout Thin Mints from the freezer and make this cheesecake for him. 10 years ago on his 40th birthday, I used chocolate letters to spell out "happy birthday" and then lit 40 candles around the perimeter....by the time I got the last one lit, the letters were a horror movie mess...but it did add a nice chocolate "glaze"... But that's gilding the lily! I'm entering this into your best recipe with mint...and you can add a dollop of whipped cream with a mint leaf garnish...but the mint flavor here comes from the mint cookies gently infusing the cheesecake which has a small amount of creme de mint.. Those wonderful boxes of cookies have gotten smaller over the years...start with 2 boxes and keep one sleeve out to munch on while you bake this for your loved one! - lorigoldsby
- 3 Sleeves of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 3 packets Cream cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Marscapone cheese or ricotta or sour cream
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Creme de mint
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- To make crust: pulse 3 sleeves of cookies to a fine grind. Wrap bottom and sides of springform pan with foil...Add butter and pat into a springform pan. Bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Eggs and cream cheese and marscapone should be at room temperature. Do not substitute low fat cheeses...they will cause your cake to crack! Beat cheeses and sugar on low speed...add eggs one at a time, incorporating completely before adding the next one.
- Add creme de mint and vanilla. Don't over whip...but mix until smooth, pour into pan. Tap several times on counter to remove any excess air bubbles
- Prepare cheesecake with a Bain Marie ...place foil wrapped springform pan in a baking dish and fill with hot water 1/2 way up the sides. Bake at 350 for one hour or until "almost" set.
- When cake is finished, remove from water bath, remove foil, cool on wire rack...after 30 minutes, run a knife around the edge. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and a mint leaf.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint