If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I grew up in a large Italian family, my Grandfather made his own wine from grapes he grew himself and I remember his home vividly, rows and rows of grapes, fruit tree's and berry bushes. One dessert I remember is so simple but very delicious, fresh tree ripened peaches, macerated in a little sugar with red wine poured over it. Although I was too young to imbibe, I was allowed a little taste and have made this many times as an adult. I took this simple and classic treat and switched it up a bit, muddling fresh mint with sugar and macerating peaches and raspberries, then instead of red wine I used rose'. It's light, refreshing and delicious and the mint adds a lovely freshness that goes perfectly with the fruit and wine. This is not the type of recipe you have to follow exactly you be the judge of how much fruit and wine to use. Tailor to your taste. Note: I used frozen peaches and raspberries that I flash froze, if using frozen it may have to macerate a little longer so that the fruit thaws. - sdebrango
- 2 peaches peeled and sliced
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2-4 tablespoons sugar (more or less depending on sweetness of fruit)
- handful of mint leaves torn
- 12 ounces (approximately) cold rose' or pink champagne
- Add the sugar and mint to mortar and crush to release the oil from the mint leaves, it will infuse the sugar. Place the peaches and raspberries into a container and pour the sugar and mint over them, toss to combine. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour, tossing again after 30 minutes.
- Spoon the fruit with the sweet minty juices into serving bowl or wine glasses top with very cold rose, sip the wine and eat the fruit.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Recipe of the Day
When life hands you lemons, make sparkling rhubarb lemonade.
Recipe of the Day
Eat your beans.
Enter your best mash-up recipe.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.