If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My sister gave me a recipe for granola about 20 years ago. Over the years I adapted it by removing some ingredients and adding others.The pine nuts were inspired by a granola I ate at the Inn of the Anasazi in Santa Fe, NM. - Leslie_
Serves about 8 cups
- 2 cups organic old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped or sliced almonds with skins
- 1/2 cup organic non-sweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup whole pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins &/or chopped dried apricots or dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients
- Mix oil and maple syrup and add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Spread mixture in pan (cookie pan or roasting pan) and bake about 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes and then checking often to avoid burning. The granola is done when it is evenly browned.
- Add dried fruit after the granola cools a bit. Store in a tightly covered container.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.