If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Love cornmeal. Love blueberries. Love 'em together. I like to make these really small- "silver dollar" size- and enjoy them with extra blueberries on top, as well as lots of butter and honey. If you can find blue cornmeal, this makes a nice combo with the blueberries. - WinnieAb
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons honey, plus more for serving
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus more for serving
- 1-2 tablespoons butter, plus more for serving
- Mix cornmeal and milk together in a small bowl and allow to sit for 15 minutes (you can also do this the night before, and let it sit, covered, in the refrigerator).
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add baking soda, salt and honey, mix well, and then fold in the blueberries. The batter will be thin.
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tb. butter and allow to melt.
- Drop batter into 2-3 inch rounds. You should be able to cook about 4 at a time. Cook approximately 45 seconds minute on the first side (bubbles will form around the edges and they will start to be lightly browned on the bottom).
- Flip pancakes over and continue cooking until lightly browned on the other side, about 30 seconds. Make sure not to keep the heat too high or they will burn...Remove to serving plate, add additional butter to the pan, and continue to cook the rest of the pancakes.
- Serve with additional blueberries, butter, and honey!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pancakes
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce