If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: They say that if you live in Michigan and aren't happy with the weather to wait a day...it'll change. And because of this, weather forecasts have not always been accurate. Well, I've been waiting my one day, two days, three days and more and we've had NO change in the weather. It's downright Hot here...temps in the 90s and no relief in sight. These are salad days and this one does force me to use the oven for a short time, but I do it in the morning before everything really heats up. And I'm sure I could poach the salmon on top of the stove. Rich,creamy and with a hint of mint, this pasta salad has everything you need for dinner - inpatskitchen
Serves about 6 for dinner and more if served as part of a buffet
For the minted dressing
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo or a great quality comercial one
- 1 cup unpeeled grated English cucumber (grated on the large holes of a box grater) juices and all
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup loosely packed sliced mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate while preparing everything else.
For the salmon and salad
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless salmon filets
- Olive oil
- 6 thin slices of lemon
- 12 ounces small size pasta (shells, orriecchiette, etc) cooked according to package directions and then rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced English cucumbers (1/2 inch dice)
- 1 fresh lemon, halved (more lemon if needed for each serving)
- The dressing
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the bottom of a roasting pan large enough to accommodate the fish. Lay the fish in the pan and drizzle a little more oil over, sprinkle with salt and lay the lemon slices over. Roast in a 425F pre heated oven for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. You want the fish just cooked through and not dry. Remove from the oven and cool. Remove the lemon slices and discard.
- Once the fish has cooled to room temperature, place the pasta in a large mixing bowl and stir in the juice from 1/2 of the lemon. Break the fish into medium size chunks and add it to the bowl. Add the diced cucumber and then gently fold in the dressing stirring to coat everything. Chill for a couple of hours.
- When ready to serve, taste and season with the salt and white pepper. Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze over each serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fresh Herbs
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint