If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I think of mint and cocktails, my tastes generally run to things like Caipirinhas with a little mint muddled in with the lime, or Mint Juleps with lots of Makers Mark bourbon, a sprig or two of mint, and very little sugar, or Bobby Flay-inspired hard lemonade, with rum and lemons and mint. Remembering my mother's and aunts' fondness for Grasshoppers whilst writing the recipe for Mint-Basil ice Cream, I decided to revisit the 1950's classic with it (http://food52.com/recipes/18100_mintbasil_chip_ice_cream). Not only did it bring back some wonderful memories, it wound up doing double-duty, both as a dessert AND a drink, which is more than you can say about most things these days. —wssmom
Makes 2 drinks
- 2 scoops Mint-Basil Chip Ice Cream
- 1/2 ounce green creme de menthe
- 1 ounce white creme de cacoa
- 1 shot vodka
- a little heavy cream if too thick
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and whirl until smooth. Pour into a couple of martini glasses, garnish with mint sprigs and serve with a spoon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
More Great Recipes: Boozy Drinks