If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: Broccoli is great with pasta, so why not cauliflower? this is a dish I've been eating a lot of lately as the cauliflower has been beautiful. - sweet enough
- 1 large head cauliflower, florets removed and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed and cut in half
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted bread crumbs (optional)
- 1/3 cup lightly toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- fresh parmesan cheese for grating (about 1/3 of a cup)
- 1 pound dry spaghetti
- salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water, salt well, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes and cauliflower and a large saute pan over medium high heat. Cook for a few minutes, making sure the garlic does not burn. Salt and pepper the cauliflower to taste, lower the heat and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10-15 minutes. The cauliflower should start to brown and soften. add the pine nuts and remove from heat.
- When the pasta water comes to a full boil, add the spaghetti and cook according to the package instructions. Drain pasta and put it directly in the cauliflower pan. Toss gently and place in a warm serving bowl. Sprinkle the top with the bread crumbs and cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dirt Cheap Dinner