Author Notes: This salsa was inspired by a peach salsa I bought at a farmer’s market in Virginia. I set out to replicate it and made a few modifications to make it a little less sweet and a bit spicier. - MizChef
Makes about 2 ½ cups
- 2 cups chopped peaches
- 1/3 cup chopped shallot or finely chopped Vidalia onion
- 3/4 cups chopped red pepper
- 1 small jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced mint
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons spiced rum (optional)
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend.
- 2. Taste for seasoning and adjust, if necessary, before serving. Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint