If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Most of us know and love mint-packed Mojitos and Juleps, but all kinds of cocktails will perk up when herbs and fruits or berries are added to the mix.
In this recipe I transformed a famous Apricot Sour martini, one of my favorites, to a very flavorful, fragrant and strong but still refreshing cocktail.
Makes 3 to 4, depending of the size of your glasses
For the mint simple syrup
- • 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- • 1 cup organic sugar or honey, I used 1/4 cup Organic Blue Agave sweetener
- • 5 dried apricots
- • A handful of dried Tart Montmorency Cherries
- • 1 cup water
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to boil on medium-low heat, stirring until the sugar or the sweetener you use dissolves. Lower heat and simmer for about 5 minutes; then of the heat cover and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the syrup; squish all the yumminess out of the mint and now rehydrated apricots and cherries. Let cool to room temperature and then chill until ready to make the cocktails. You can store it in the fridge for about two weeks.
For the Apricot Brandy Sour
- • 6 tablespoons (3oz) Potter’s Apricot Liqueur& Brandy
- • All of the minty syrup
- • 6 tablespoons (3oz) freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- • 2 tablespoons (1oz) freshly squeezed orange juice
- • Fresh apricot, fresh cherries and mint leaves for garnish
- Pour the apricot brandy, lemon and orange juices and minty syrup into a cocktail shaker filled with as much or as little ice cubes you like. Shake well, and strain into chilled martini glasses. Garnish with fresh apricot, cherries and mint leaves; serve and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cocktail
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
What's sweet and sour and your new favorite ingredient?
The answer is tamarind.
Ottolenghi's secret ingredient.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Live la vie en rose.
Take these foods to go.