If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my all time favorite dish that Nahid, the other broad makes. When I walk into the house and smell the aromas of this dish, I know I'm home. This dish is fresh, clean and very satisfying. This is easy and wonderful with rice or quinoa. —Judy at My Well Seasoned Life
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground turmeric
- 4 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 Medium onion chopped
- 1/2 bunch Mint leaves cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 2 Stalks of green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Sometimes Nahid chops the garlic, ginger and onion, sometimes she throws them in a blender and purees them. The choice is yours
- Heat a medium sized saute pan. Add olive oil. Add Cumin, coriander, turmeric, chopped garlic, ginger and onion. And cook for two minutes.
- Add turkey. Breaking up the meat into small pieces, toss with spices and brown. Cook until done about 5-10 minutes
- Add mint and green onions. Toss. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over basmati rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint