Author Notes: This is my all time favorite dish that Nahid, the other broad makes. When I walk into the house and smell the aromas of this dish, I know I'm home. This dish is fresh, clean and very satisfying. This is easy and wonderful with rice or quinoa. - Judy at Two Broads Abroad
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons Ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground turmeric
- 4 Cloves garlic chopped
- 1 Inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 Medium onion chopped
- 1/2 bunch Mint leaves cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 2 Stalks of green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Sometimes Nahid chops the garlic, ginger and onion, sometimes she throws them in a blender and purees them. The choice is yours
- Heat a medium sized saute pan. Add olive oil. Add Cumin, coriander, turmeric, chopped garlic, ginger and onion. And cook for two minutes.
- Add turkey. Breaking up the meat into small pieces, toss with spices and brown. Cook until done about 5-10 minutes
- Add mint and green onions. Toss. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve over basmati rice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint