If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I so much so love when our friends ask me to decide the menu for any get together we are planning. I like it when people trust me. So, I decided to come with something different for this 4th July. When, I decided to make these rice pudding pops, I did not keep in the mind the contest. Immediately, it strike to me to add mint. I have made pops from the very famous Indian dessert "Sevaiyan" , a pudding made from very very thin whole wheat noodles which has the flavor of cardamom. We love it when we bite into those creamy Popsicle and chewy noodles or in this case rice gives. It is really easy and simple. And, we are going to end our day with these wonderfully aromatic Popsicle. I have added cherries as they so fresh and seasonal not to include. You can also give it that extra texture by adding nuts. May be this time I want to give justice to mint and cherries. - PistachioDoughnut
Makes 8 to 9 pops
- 1 3/4 cups Whole Milk
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Fresh clean mint leaves
- 5 to 6 tablespoons Short Grain Rice
- 1/4 cup Fresh cherries, pits removed, chopped
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet chocolate or dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Take the rice and wash it 2 to 3 times under running hot water. And, then soak the rice for about 20 minutes or so in hot or warm water. Leave it aside.
- Combine the milk , heavy cream, in a deep pot. And, bring it to boil. Once it has boiled enough, add in the mint and let it steep for about 20 minutes or so and cover the pot. Let the mint infuse in it.
- Now, take the rice which was soaking in water. Remove the water. On the other side, take the mint infused milk and cream , strain it with the help of fine-mesh sieve.
- Take back the milk and cream to stove on medium heat , add in the rice. Bring it to boil. Add the chocolate .Reduce the heat to low. Keep stirring just once in a while so that it does not stick on the bottom.Let it simmer for about 30 minutes , till the mixture has become nice and thick. Rice should be well cooked and it should soft. Remove it from the flame.
- Wait few minutes, add in the honey, chopped cherries and salt. Mix it well. (You can also use sugar , if you wish in place of honey. But, as I have used semi-sweet chocolate, I did not prefer to use sugar. )
- Once it has cooled a little bit. Divide it into the ice-pop molds if making pops.To make ice cream Churn it into ice cream maker and then freeze until it is set. I would prefer overnight. enjoy them the next day! you can make these ahead and they stay upto a week or more in the freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Ice Cream
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
Our Latest Contest
Your Best Salad Without Lettuce
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!