If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Minted Buttermilk is like a lassi, but not so thick in consistency. We often drink this after dinner or lunch or may be along with our dinner, especially in summer. It really chills you off and you can beat the summer heat with this drink. i so much so miss my family get togethers back in India, where we would be always and I mean it always have thali style lunch or dinner. Now, when we go back and someone prepares that thali with almost more than 10 items or so, we feel our appetite has gone bad. Because, that what we grew up eating at home and outside. So, the buttermilk plays an important part of this elaborated thali meal and one of the components that we enjoy mostly as I said after a big thali meal is consumed to digest all that stuff. and, whenever we would be invited by my sister, she would make us this wonderful "phudina" = mint "Chaas" buttermilk. It is easy and really delicious way to end any meal. - PistachioDoughnut
- 1 cup Mint Leaves
- 3 cups Plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 small Green Chili
- Take the mint leaves, ginger, green chili , roasted cumin powder and salt and blend it in a blender with just a little bit of water. Once everything is combined add in the yogurt and pulse it one more time to combine the yogurt to it. Add approx 1 to 1 1/2 cups of water and again blend it .
- Unlike, lassi this drink is not thick. Once everything combined, strain the drink in a pitcher.
- When you are ready to serve, take it in a glass and garnish it with some more roasted cumin powder or chaat masala and a lemon slice and some sprigs of mint.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mint
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Stop the soap opera.